September 13, 1998
The following is my imaginary monologue with Bill Clinton:
Sir, I consider it a great honor for me to be able to
speak with you today.
I have always been frustrated by your policies:
- Staunchly pro-abortion while giving lip service to human rights
- Shutting down the government because you thought that Congress wasn’t spending enough
- Ushering through (the 1994 Congress) the biggest tax increase in the history of the
world, after promising a middle class tax cut
- Ushering through the pork barrel crime bill and legislation that could lead to the
eventual ban of the private ownership of guns. When the citizenry lacks the
ability to defend themselves, crime will substantially increase.
- Promising to reverse President Bush’s Haitian policy. Your words then prompted thousands
to flee their country. Hundreds died on the open seas.
- Supporting gays in the military and special rights for homosexuals
In addition to your destructive policies, your personal
conduct is appalling:
The list goes on Mr. President. But I think that you get my
- Laughing while walking away from the Ron Brown funeral and then being able to instantly
shed tears upon sight of the TV camera
- Not only being a draft dodger, but writing a letter stating that you “loathe the
- Multiple and ongoing scandals
- Admitting to “an improper relationship” only after the discovery of your DNA on a young
- Forcing Ken Starr to document sexual details because you refuse to admit that you lied
- Making fools out of your wife and the White House staff for supporting your lies
- Propositioning Paula Jones and sexually assaulting other women
It would be satisfying to watch you resign in disgrace or be
impeached. However, this is not what I have been praying for. My prayers would
be answered if you and Hillary would turn yourselves around and devote your
lives to Jesus Christ. Yes sir. I hope that you will join me and become a
born-again-Christian. Repent and be baptized. Ask Jesus into your heart. Accept
Him as your Lord and Savior and you will find the Kingdom of God. Chuck Colson
of Watergate fame has done this and is now a powerful and great Christian.
Will you pray with me now Mr. President? Will you accept
Jesus and pray with me?
John E. Becker