Family Policy Alliance (Who?)
Policy Alliance, formerly known as CitizenLink,
formerly known as Focus on the Family Action, hosted a full week first annual Statesmen
Academy in Tucson Arizona. The participants were a
carefully selected and screened group of legislators from around the country. Twenty
six of us were invited to this exclusive and prestigious event. No taxpayer
dollars were involved. How and why I was among the selected few remains a
mystery. I suspect either mistaken identity, a clerical mishap, or perhaps they
intentionally selected me as an example of contrast to the best and brightest.
Regardless of the reasoning, it was a great honor for me to be in the shadows
of the best of the best.
A few of the highlights of the week for me were:
· Had lunch with one of the authors of the North Carolina bathroom law. It's amazing how the media reporting and spin contrasts with the facts.
· Had dinner with a South Carolina legislator and discussed their law that bans all foreign and Sharia Laws.
· Had a conversation with former US Senator Tom Coburn. We discussed constitutional issues and the Convention of States Project.
· Met with Aaron Baer and Phil Burress. Aaron will soon be on-boarding with Citizens for Community Values as Phil's replacement.
Democrats turn back the clock to the 1990s with the nomination of Hillary Clinton.
I don’t know which concept is most horrifying: A Clinton third term, Obama third term, or Hillary first term.
Democrats turn back the clock to the 1860s with the nomination of Tim Kaine.
This so-called "Catholic" is "personally opposed" to abortion, but supports it. His 19th century position on slavery might have been: He is "personally opposed" to slavery, but supports it. These people really disgust me.
Donald Trump Endorsement
Mr. Trump was never my first choice for president. But he is now and he has my full support.
In one respect, this election reminds me of Ronald Reagan versus Jimmy Carter in 1980. I didn't know what to expect from Ronald Reagan. But I did know what to expect from Jimmy Carter and I surely didn't want any more of that. Ronald Regan earned my vote.
Ohio House of Representatives
House Bill 583 - Public Sector Right-to-Work
· Provides public sector workers the choice to opt out of union representation and dues.
· Allows non-union employees to voluntarily make financial contributions to a union.
· Protects unions from the requirement of representing non-union employees.
· Appropriates $30,000 in fiscal year 2017 for pamphlets and brochures.
House Bill 502 - Campaign Finance Simplification
Some provisions of HB 502 are as follows:
· Rounding of maximum contributions to the nearest $100.
· Post-general campaign reporting will be synced to the calendar year with an end-of-the-year report due January 7th.
· Minimal income and expenditures less than $100 may be aggregated instead of itemized.
· The Secretary of State may audit a candidate or campaign committee’s reports for a particular race. However, if one candidate or committee is audited, then all candidates or committees for that race must be audited.
· No filing requirement if a candidate receives or spends less than $2,000.
· Phases in electronic reporting requirements for all candidates over the next three years.
· Certified mail to candidates will be permissive rather than required.
House Bill 456 - Create Safeguards that Prevent ‘Election Shenanigans’
The major provisions of HB 456 are as follows:
This is an opportunity to move a bi-partisan bill forward that
helps all parties.
House Bill 257 - Becker Budget
In summary, the provisions of HB 257 include:
· Slow (state only) spending growth by $1.3 billion from HB 64 (state budget).
· Reduce income tax rates proportionally.
· Phase out income tax over five years.
· Slow "all funds" growth by $6.2 billion from HB 64.
· Eliminate Obamacare Medicaid expansion.
· Defund Planned Parenthood.
· Eliminate the Ohio Marriage Penalty.
· Allow sales tax refunds for Core charges.
· Allow Governor Kasich's proposed severance tax to apply to public lands only.
· Expand Indigent tort reform.
· Prohibit double dipping in the state pension system (grandfather in current double dippers).
O'Reilly on America's Race Problem (5 minutes)
Land of The Freebies, Home of the Enslaved (4 minutes)
Bernie Voters HATE Hillary (5 minutes)
DC Matic: The Hillary-Approved Email Server! (1 minute)
Gov. Chris Christie's speech at the 2016 Republican National Convention (15 minutes)
Newt Gingrich Speech at Republican National Convention (15 minutes)
Mike Pence Speech at Republican National Convention (35 minutes)
Donald Trump - Republican National Convention (77 minutes)
John Becker supports the US Constitution's provision for the military and our veterans (1 minute)
John Becker speaks on the House floor in favor of the Constitution. (1 minute)
John Becker on The Ohio Channel with Karen Kasler (7 minutes)
John Becker speaks about the Constitutional Authority of the Americans with Disabilities Act on the House floor. (2 minutes)
John Becker on Fox 19 News talking about Homosexual Marriage (HB 296) (2+ minutes)
John Becker live CNN pro-life interview defending Down syndrome people (HB 135) (This is the full six minute uncut version)
John Becker live CNN pro-life interview defending Down syndrome people (HB 135) This is the edited version currently on the CNN web site (< 2 minutes)
Sarah Palin interview with State Representative Dave Hall (8 minutes)
The Becker Budget Interview with Karen Kasler (6 minutes)
League of Women Voters Candidates forum: John Becker vs. Democrat opponent (28 minutes)
John Becker on Fox 19 News talking about "Stand Your Ground" (HB 203) (3 minutes)
John Becker on Ch. 10 News in Columbus regarding the impeachment of Judge Black (3 minutes)
John Becker on Fox 19 talking about HB 244 (3 minutes)
John Becker on Fox 19 talking about Medicaid (2 minutes)
John Becker radio interview with Chris Long, Ohio Christian Alliance (25 minutes)
August 2, 2016
Goshen and Milford National Night Out.
August 4, 2016
Union Township National Night Out.
Becker for State Representative
Ranked a top tier "most archconservative" by the Columbus Dispatch (September 2013).
"Becker...is arguably the most conservative member of the Ohio House," said The Cincinnati Enquirer (March 2014).
"GOP Ohio House freshman Becker is no shrinking violet," headlined the Columbus Dispatch (December 2014).
Becker wins prestigious William Wilberforce Leadership Award (April 2015).
Rep. John Becker, suburban Cincinnati Republican… [holds] the unofficial title as the General Assembly's most conservative lawmaker, said the Columbus Dispatch (September 2015).
If the above Donate button does not work, use the button at www.BeckerGOP.com.
You could donate for FREE! You may know that an Ohio Income Tax $50 per taxpayer dollar-for-dollar tax CREDIT (It is $100 on a joint return.) is available every year. The "Ohio political contributions credit" is on line 58 of your Ohio IT 1040. Simply claim it on your state of Ohio tax return and get your money back. Contributions to candidates for State Representative (and other "state offices") qualify for this credit. That is why it will cost you nothing. I'm Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Pro-Limited Government and Lower Taxes. Please see the following brief videos:
Introduction (38 seconds)
Second Amendment (36 seconds)
Taxes (49 seconds)
Energy (55 seconds)
Pro-Life (42 seconds)
Creation Science and Evolution (42 sec.)
State Government Spending (45 sec.)
Donate (50 seconds)
State Government (37 seconds)
Did this newsletter get sent to you by someone other than me? If
so, please let me know at John@BeckerGOP.com and I will add you to my distribution list. That will ensure that
you get it in a timelier manner. You may also forward this to your friends.
Let me know if you would like to unsubscribe. This issue and back issues are available at: www.BeckerGOP.com.
This newsletter is not sanctioned by the GOP, ORP, or any organization, or affiliation. I am fully and solely responsible for its content. Although I strive for accuracy, this is not "The Gospel according to John." Additionally, I don't necessarily try to be "fair and balanced." After all, I didn't get into politics to be a news reporter. My agenda is to influence public policy consistent with Southern Ohio conservative values. For more information on my motivations or how to get involved, see: What is a Central Committee?
Pro-Life | Pro-Gun | Limited Government | Lower Taxes